Quartz Ranks Monte Carlo As Third Best Medium-Sized Company For Remote Workers
Monte Carlo is a company that has put considerable time, energy, and thought into creating awesome employee experiences. One of our core principles from the start has been to meet talent where they are and build the company around them rather than vice versa.
Today, we have over 150 employees spread across 13 states and 9 countries with offices in San Francisco, Santa Cruz, London, Dublin, Tel Aviv, and New York–we are truly a remote first team!
That’s why we are honored to have been ranked third on the 2022 list of Quartz’s Best Companies For Remote Workers in the medium-sized company category.
The award, evaluated based on an employer submitted questionnaire and an independent employee survey, “celebrates businesses that clearly understand what’s needed when the workplace is distributed and clarity and cohesion can’t depend on showing up to a physical office.”
Specifically, Quartz noted Monte Carlo was scored highly by employees for leadership, overall engagement, and perks including:
- A remote culture manager that hosts regional and virtual events, plans offsites for teams, sets up satellite offices, and onboards employees.
- Travel policy that encourages team members to visit our global offices to make in person connections at a time that works for them. Our policy also covers the travel costs for families to allow parents to travel.
- Monthly virtual happy hours and team bonding events (recent examples have included a seminar by a shark expert and a murder mystery party) over Zoom.
And we’ve just gotten started! The people team recently received valuable feedback from our first formal employee engagement survey. We plan to double down on our commitment to employee happiness by:
- Increasing our investments in building a global company culture through team retreats, hackathons, and other events.
- Experimenting with new virtual spaces and opportunities for employees to connect both remotely and in person.
- Continuing to focus on professional development and career growth for all employees.
If you are interested in joining a group of passionate, talented individuals pioneering the future of data, check out our open roles.